MagPress-banner-728×90

"My Husband Beats Me..." Actress Reveals



Some weeks back, news of actress Mercy Aigbe Gentry's issues with her husband, Lanre Gentry broke the internet (literally). However, fresh allegations have emerged as the actress confessed that she endured many years of beating by her husband because of her children.

In an interview with Broadway TV, the actress tearfully revealed :
‘He beats me consistently, but  I stayed because I loved him and because every time he beats me, he begs and gets family and friends to beg me. He promised regularly to change but he never did. When my husband gets angry, he gets physical, not only to me but to anyone. He has done that with my house help who reported him to the police years ago.’

The actress went further to provide proof of physical abuse and battery by her husband to authorities. The latter  has since been been remanded at the Kikiri Prisons.

This development comes just months after we witnessed a similar incident between actress Tonto Dikeh and husband Oladunni Churchill.

Well, we can only hope that this new negative wave of domestic abuse against Nollywood wives ends soon.

By
Chinelo Okafor

Share To:

Chinelo Agatha Okafor

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours